Dealing with two wars and a difficult economy that affects the rest of the world, US President Barack Obama is at the top of Forbes' Most Powerful List with Hu Jintao, president of China and Vladimir Putin, prime minister of Russia. They share the top 10 spotlight with Google founders and the CEO of Walmart.
If you think "Walmart" was a strange choice for the top 10, check out these facts:
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Walmart every hour of every day
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Walmart will sell more from to (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Walmart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-M art combined.
5. Walmart employs 1.9 million people and is the largest private Employer, and most speak English.
6. Walmart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Walmart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket Chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Walmart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Walmart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 Years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Walmart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Walmart.
13. Walmart International employs more than 620,000 Walmart associates and serves 49 million international customers each week. Walmart works with over 100,000 vendors.